Vítej, Host. Prosím přihlaš se nebo se zaregistruj.
Nedostal jsi svůj aktivační email?
19.09.2019, 08:58:31

Přihlaš se uživatelským jménem, heslem a délkou sezení
Vyhledávání:     Pokročilé vyhledávání
Tak si nás našli spameři, registrace vyžaduje potvrzení, a jestli to je nezastaví, tak to budu zase schvalovat, ach jo.

5933 příspěvků v 155 témat od 123 uživatelů
Nejnovější uživatel: kolo1
* Domů Nápověda Přihlásit Registrovat
+  Honor Harringtonová
|-+  O něčem jiném
| |-+  Jiné sci-fi knížky
| | |-+  Hell's Foundations Quiver - Safehold 8
« předchozí další »
Stran: [1] 2 3 Tisk
Autor Téma: Hell's Foundations Quiver - Safehold 8  (Přečteno 38224 krát)
Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« kdy: 20.02.2014, 12:00:10 »

Přicházím s tím trochu pozdě, nicméně David už má pracovní název pro osmý Safehold a ten zní "Hell's Foundations Quiver". Každopádně David to (kromě jiného) zmínil v příspěvku na svém fóru, který zveřejnil 9. ledna 2014.

Název je to vskutku inspirativní a dává tušit, že to s Matkou Církví nevypadá vůbec dobře Úsměv.
Zaznamenáno

Warning: Don't stare into laser with remaining eye!
Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #1 kdy: 10.03.2014, 09:48:38 »

by Alistair   » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:26 am

Hi everyone

David Weber chatted with me on line recently during the chat he gave a little update on the next book I don't think he will mind me sharing it Úsměv

Citace
... I’m currently about 65,000 words into the sequel, although Sharon’s surgery has cost me just about one month’s worth of writing time, and I just found out that I’m going to be in Europe for two weeks in November that I hadn’t exactly planned on. Sigh.
Zaznamenáno

Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #2 kdy: 14.03.2014, 14:06:23 »

Malý snippetík z HFQ:

Citace
by runsforcelery   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:23 am

All right. I'm not ready to being posting spoilers yet, and I won't be for quite some time, given how far I am from completing the book and the fact that I'm moving events around even in the portion I've already finished. Having said that, I decided to give you a tiny snippet.  :lol:

-----------------------------------

Merlin Athrawes Chamber,
Charisian Embassy,
Siddar City,
Republic of Siddarmark.

The angry, shingle-lifting background bluster of snow-laden wind roaring about the eaves only made the sudden, profound silence in the modest bedchamber even more complete. The slight sound as a coal settled on the hearth seemed almost deafening, and Merlin Athrawes stood very still, shoulders against the door he’d just closed behind him, sapphire eyes gazing intently through the fire-flickered dimness at the slender woman in the single chair beside that hearth.

The woman who had just called him “Ahbraim.”

Which, he reflected, made the question of how she’d managed to get by the alert sentinels guarding the Charisian Embassy here in the heart of Siddar City rather secondary.

The firelight struck subdued highlights from her dark hair, and the heavy, utilitarian coat hanging from his coat tree — like the boots and heavy woolen stockings she’d slipped from slim, pedicured feet and set before the fire — was soaked with melting snow. She was quite possibly the most beautiful woman he’d ever met and he could smell the subtle sweetness of her perfume, but neither of those were what held him so still.

“Why,” he asked after a moment, in a tone which sounded considerably calmer than he actually felt, “did you call me that, Madam Pahrsahn?” He cocked his head, expression puzzled. “I assume it’s a reference to Master Zhevons?”

“You really are very good,” Aivah Pahrsahn — who had once been known as Ahnzhelyk Phonda, among many other names — said approvingly. “Why, you could almost — almost, I say — convince me. But you can’t, you know. I’ve been watching you for too long.”

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.

No jo, zase useklé v tom nejlepším, klasika... Každopádně David už prý má napsaných cca 80000 slov.
« Poslední změna: 14.03.2014, 14:27:41 od Muphrid » Zaznamenáno

Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #3 kdy: 01.04.2014, 13:14:08 »

Další snippetík z HFQ:

Citace
by runsforcelery   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:31 am

Not in sequence, of course.  :twisted:

-----------------------------------------------------

“Yes, Pawal?” Hahlcahm Bahrns looked up from the last of his scrambled eggs as Trynt Sevyrs, his steward, admitted Lieutenant Blahdysnberg to his day cabin. The overhead oil lamp cast shadows on the lieutenant’s face, dusting the puckered scar on his cheek, picked up courtesy of a ricocheting rifle bullet during the Canal Raid, with darkness.

“The picket boat just brought word, Sir. The engineers say they got the charges placed.”

“Did they?” Bahrns laid down his fork, reached for his hot chocolate, and sipped deeply. Then he lowered the mug. “How many did they lose?” he asked in a much quieter tone.

“None of them, apparently.”

“None of them?”

Bahrns blinked. He hadn’t been able to refute Admiral Shain’s logic, and the advantages if the mission succeeded were amply worth the risk, but he’d never believed the engineers could pull it off without losing someone.   

“According to the coxswain who delivered the message, they did come pretty close to losing at least one man, Sir,” Blahdysnberg admitted. “But they got him nack in the end and it sounds like he’s going to be fine after all.”

“And they got all the charges placed?”

“That’s what they say, Sir. And I’m ready to take the word of anyone with big enough balls to even try setting them, myself. And the lieutenant in charge — a Lieutenant—” he glanced at the note in his hand, turning it to catch the lamplight “— Bryahnsyn, it says — lit all the fuses right on the dot at five-thirty.”

“Can’t say I disagree with you about the size of their balls,” Bahrns conceded. Then he hauled out his pocket watch and consulted it carefully. “If he lit them off at five-thirty, I make it another forty minutes or so, assuming the fuses are cut right.” He closed the watch with a snap. “That being so, I suppose it’s time we cleared for action.”

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Zaznamenáno

Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #4 kdy: 11.04.2014, 09:59:16 »

Včerejší Davidův příspěvek na FB:

Citace
I'm just hitting the halfway mark on the new Safehold book, Hell's Foundations Quiver. I hope to see this on the shelves in early 2015.

« Poslední změna: 11.04.2014, 10:29:05 od Muphrid » Zaznamenáno

Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #5 kdy: 22.04.2014, 13:03:01 »

Další nenavazující snippet z HFQ:

Citace
“The estimates of steel production you’ve just given me make me more optimistic about our ability to produce the same sorts of weapons, eventually at least. On the other hand, a thought occurred to me last five-day. There might be a way to provide an even greater capability for the kind of . . . indirect fire, for want of a better term, the heretics are using on our own men. Something closer to the capabilities of their regular artillery’s heavy angle-guns but a lot more portable.”

“How portable?”

“Less so than the heretic infantry’s portable angle-guns, I suspect, Your Grace, but much, much more portable than most regular artillery pieces.”

Duchairn frowned again, wishing Maigwair could have been present after all. The last time he’d spoken to the captain general, Maigwair had waxed eloquent in his enthusiasm for the full-sized rifled angle-guns Fultyn had designed for the Army of God. Frankly, Duchairn doubted that Fultyn’s initial efforts would match the performance of the heretics’ weapons, yet it was obvious Maigwair expected them to compensate for much of Church’s present inferiority. At the same time, it was unlikely more than a few score of the new weapons could be gotten to the armies in the field before the spring thaw, and even if they could, the heretics and their infantry angle-guns had delivered a pointed lesson in the advantages of mobility.

“What do you have in mind, Brother Lynkyn?” he asked finally, and the Chihirite opened a desk drawer and extracted a circular disk of what looked like bronze. It was about four inches in diameter, Duchairn estimated, and perhaps a half-inch thick, and pierced by a series of angled slots or holes.
Zaznamenáno

Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #6 kdy: 25.04.2014, 15:29:36 »

Tak Merlinův plán, zdá se, vychází naprosto dokonale. Inovace se rozjíždějí a sice to bude mít Charis (a spol.) o dost těžší, ale na druhou stranu mají pořád náskok, který se podle mě bude jen prohlubovat, nehledě na to, jak se budou hoši v Templu (a jinde) činit.
Zaznamenáno

Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #7 kdy: 20.05.2014, 14:46:39 »

Další zpráva od Davida, tentokrát na FB:

Citace
David Weber
18. květen
Done 160000 words on Hell's Foundations Quiver the next Safehold book. Clyntan is NOT happy.

No už se těším! Počítám, že to bude mít David maximálně za měsíc hotové. A že už ve 3/4 knihy není Clyntahn vůbec happy mi jen přidává na chuti si to přečíst Smích.
Zaznamenáno

Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #8 kdy: 28.07.2014, 11:09:10 »

Další info od Davida:

Citace
runsforcelery wrote:

Unfortunately, even if those eyes could move my flinty little authorial heart [made of stone, I tell you, stone!], I'm still working on HFQ. It was supposed to be handed in at the end of April, but I got started two months late (other projects got hung up in the queue) and Sharon's health has been a major concern this year, which has slowed me down still further. Then there's the minor fact that we got signed up for eight conventions this year somehow . . . and just added Dragon Con to the mix at the urgent request of various people (including my publisher). By my estimate I am now within 2-3 days done with the novel, but that time won't include the final edit, nor will it include putting together the glossary and index entries and getting the maps done. I should be completely finished by the end of the month, at which time I will be considering when to start snippeting that book in Safehold.

Sorry, guys, but I'm only human.  :cry:

Každopádně my, co už jsme to četli, se asi můžeme těšit jen na tu jednu chybějící dějovou linku (je asi celkem jasné jakou).
Zaznamenáno

Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #9 kdy: 05.08.2014, 07:58:45 »

Další zpráva od Davida, tentokrát na FB:

Citace
Finally turned in HELL'S FOUNDATIONS QUIVER at about 5:30 this morning. Yaaaaaay!

This one ran long (and late) for a lot of reasons, including Sharon's health (can you believe some people will go as far as 4 major spinal surgeries in 2 years just to get a little attention?), some other health issues, and the convention schedule from hell (we are NOT doing 8 cons in a single year again), but the manuscript is done. I still have to do the maps, the character list, and the glossary update, but I've got a few other projects that got sidelined while I dealt with HFQ, so I'm going to have to spend a little time tidying them up.

Anyway, it's done, which means I can turn to the Honorverse, the Multiverse, the Bahzellverse . . . .

What WILL I find to do with my time?
Zaznamenáno

Tyrael

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #10 kdy: 05.08.2014, 12:57:50 »

Skvělé zprávy jak dlouho mohou trvat korekce, muj odhad je tak 2 měsíce takže někdy začátkem zimy by mohla vyjít knížka.

btw pořád mě vrtá hlavou jak si Aivah Pahrsahn spojila Merlina a Zhevona, nějak si nemylim že by Aivah patřila k nějaké uber tajné sektě která náhodu zná pravdu o Safeholdu, takže na druhou stranu, si to musela domyslet, ale jaké info ji k tomuhle závěru vedlo muj odhad je že si všimla několika věcí.
1 Pokaždé když se někde objevil Ahbraim tak Merlin je zrovna někde pryč, a zárověn fakt že se potkala z oběmam Merlinavíma Alter-egy.
2 Má přístup ke špionážním zprávách od dalších "sejiingů" něco jako měl Nahrman před corisande a tak si myslim že OWL a Nahrman udělali chybu a dali do zpravi něco co tam nemohlo být, muj odhad je že trochu zapoměli že oni pracujou z ingormacema z realného času zatímco všeci ostatní pracjou z časovou smyčkou takže asi párkrát hodili do zprávy věci které se sice děli současně ale zároveň vzdálenostně(a tím pádem velikost časové smyčky) neodpovídali relativně drobnosti, které vlastně nemaj význam ale pro lidi kteří formují svoji politiku a akce na minimu informací představují obrovský fakt, zkrátka zapoměli že oni jsou přetížení informacemi ale ten komu ty zprávi posílaj má velmi omezené informační zdroje.
Zaznamenáno

“Well, that’s hardly his fault,” Merlin replied, slightly surprised by his own almost defensive tone. “He was designed as a fire control system, and the Navy didn’t want its weapons systems to have too much imagination.”
Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #11 kdy: 08.08.2014, 11:53:40 »

Nechci tu spoilovat, takže můžu říct asi jen tohle: Aivah/Nynian je velmi, velmi inteligentní a je součástí docela rozsáhlé organizace (jak už ale čtenáři muselo vyplynout z předchozích knih) s poměrně slušným zázemím. Každopádně vše je hned ze začátku HFQ podrobně vysvětleno a to včetně několika WTF momentů.

V jednom z těch bodů jsi se trefil, v jiném ne.

Obecně se celé HFQ četlo hodně dobře, až na jednu dějovou linku, která byla tak trochu mlácením již vymlácené slámy - ale i ta byla napsaná pěkně a hlavně otevírá zajímavé možnosti na konci.
« Poslední změna: 08.08.2014, 11:58:44 od Muphrid » Zaznamenáno

IKolincak

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #12 kdy: 09.08.2014, 23:04:01 »

David zahájil snippety. http://forums.davidweber.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6085
Zaznamenáno
IKolincak

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #13 kdy: 09.08.2014, 23:12:48 »

David ještě oznamuje, abychom se moc netěšili, že Toru to trvá trochu déle než Baenum, a že kniha je plánovaná až na léto 2015. Takže zase jen čekat. Sakra. To bude k nevydržení.
Zaznamenáno
Tyrael

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #14 kdy: 10.08.2014, 10:14:11 »

no to teda moc nepotěší na druhou stranu letos jsme měli LaMAa no a ono to tak vychází 1 díl safeholdu za rok, a nkdo nemůže říct že by se DW flákal čtu knížky od pár dalších autorů které se promyšleností safeholdu vůbec nepřibližuji a tihle autoři obvykle vydají 1 knížku za rok a ta je třetinová proti safeholdu, nebo jiným DW knížkám

p.s. čistě náhodou nevíte někdo jak se nazívá ten syndrom kde každý další díl serie je delší než ten předchozí?
Zaznamenáno

“Well, that’s hardly his fault,” Merlin replied, slightly surprised by his own almost defensive tone. “He was designed as a fire control system, and the Navy didn’t want its weapons systems to have too much imagination.”
Stran: [1] 2 3 Tisk 
« předchozí další »
Skočit na:  

Poháněno MySQL Poháněno PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines Validní XHTML 1.0! Validní CSS!