Vítej, Host. Prosím přihlaš se nebo se zaregistruj.
Nedostal jsi svůj aktivační email?
16.12.2019, 09:05:43

Přihlaš se uživatelským jménem, heslem a délkou sezení
Vyhledávání:     Pokročilé vyhledávání
Tak si nás našli spameři, registrace vyžaduje potvrzení, a jestli to je nezastaví, tak to budu zase schvalovat, ach jo.

5937 příspěvků v 155 témat od 123 uživatelů
Nejnovější uživatel: kolo1
* Domů Nápověda Přihlásit Registrovat
+  Honor Harringtonová
|-+  O něčem jiném
| |-+  Jiné sci-fi knížky
| | |-+  A Mighty Fortress - Safehold 4
« předchozí další »
Stran: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Tisk
Autor Téma: A Mighty Fortress - Safehold 4  (Přečteno 46232 krát)
IKolincak

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #105 kdy: 24.03.2010, 22:42:08 »

Jo, to je možný. A o výsledku se dovíme retrospektivně. Inu taky způsob.
Zaznamenáno
Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #106 kdy: 13.04.2010, 08:56:50 »

Dnes tedy kniha oficiálně vychází.

Na Baru jsem se dočetl, že snad Tor konečně mění strategii a eBook by měl vyjít také dnes. Má někdo něco pro potvrzení nebo vyvrácení této informace?
Zaznamenáno

Warning: Don't stare into laser with remaining eye!
Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #107 kdy: 14.04.2010, 14:47:54 »

Ten eBook asi opravdu vyšel, ale pořád se mi nikde nedaří najít přímý zdroj, kde by se to dalo objednat. Tudíž to pro jistotu budu stále řadit mezi neověřené info.
Zaznamenáno

IKolincak

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #108 kdy: 14.04.2010, 22:52:05 »

Muphride, tady je odkaz na Amazonu do Kindle Store jenže není dostupný pro Evropu: http://www.amazon.com/A-Mighty-Fortress-ebook/dp/B0035FZJ9O.
Zaznamenáno
Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #109 kdy: 15.04.2010, 08:53:15 »

Muphride, tady je odkaz na Amazonu do Kindle Store jenže není dostupný pro Evropu: http://www.amazon.com/A-Mighty-Fortress-ebook/dp/B0035FZJ9O.

Jo, díky. Tohle jsem taky našel, ale mátla mě hláška "Pricing information not available.", takže jsem to považoval za přípravný odkaz na předobjednávky Úsměv. Už jsem si nevšiml údaje vpravo - "This title is not available for customers from your location in: Europe". Ach jo Smutek.
Zaznamenáno

IKolincak

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #110 kdy: 15.04.2010, 10:11:42 »

No jak to tak vypadá, tak s Evropou opravdu čekají, až MWW dorazí do Anglie. Takže si asi ještě chvíli počkáme. Ach jo!
Zaznamenáno
Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #111 kdy: 16.04.2010, 14:20:13 »

Dost hloupý přístup, pokud je tomu opravdu tak... No ale co už, jsme tady přeci jen periferií Vesmíru...
Zaznamenáno

Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #112 kdy: 16.04.2010, 16:30:57 »

První recenze s lehoulinkými náznaky děje v knize:

Citace
INTRODUCTION:  "A Mighty Fortress" is the fourth installment in the Safehold Saga of David Weber and after finishing it I could say that Safehold has become my co-#1 ongoing sff series alongside Honor Harrington. While technically science fiction and indeed quite sf-nal in ethos, "Safehold" is much closer to epic fantasy in theme and world building. If Off Armageddon Reef had as main focus adventure and naval battles, By Schism Rent Asunder intrigue and revelations, By Heresies Distressed land war and consolidation, A Mighty Fortress is about faith and then later it goes full circle to the second round of all-out naval battles.

Since I talked at length about the setting and characters in my reviews of volumes 2 and 3 linked above, while the author talked at length about the series in my interview with him, here I will assume familiarity with the context and the main characters and discuss how "A Mighty Fortress" takes Safehold towards uncharted territory and possibly a reinterpretation of what we think we know.

FORMAT/CLASSIFICATION: "A Mighty Fortress" stands at about 700 pages including maps, glossary of characters and some discussion about Safehold's characteristics. There are several threads and tens of POV's, including pretty much all the surviving ones from previous volumes, some of whom did not appear in By Heresies Distressed.

Young Paytir Wylsynn, the former Inquisition Intendant of Charis whose interview of Merlin was so memorable in volume one and who now currently occupies a similar position under the leader of the reformed Church, Archbishop Maikel, and former Bishop Executor of Charis Zherald Ahdymsyn whose relatively mild "admonitions" of Maikel for sedition were another fun part of volume one and who is now a "roving troubleshooter" Bishop of the reformed Church are two of my most favorite characters who reappear quite memorably here.

Outside Merlin, Cayleb, Sharleyan and The Group of Four, there are three characters that have lots of pages somewhat unexpectedly: the Earl of Coris - guardian of Dayvin, the young prince of Corisande in exile - who is summoned to the Temple in Zion for loyalty assessment, General Koryn Gahvrai, former CO of the Corisandian Army and now commander of the Regency Council's armed forces under Charisian supervision and Archbishop Zhasyn Cahnyr of Glacierheart and junior member of the reformist Circle who as we may remember was the only one courageous enough to offer succor to Archbishop Erayk in the Temple prison before the latter's execution at the hands of the Inquisition, execution which was one the most emotional scenes in the second volume.

And not to forget the extraordinary Ahnzelyk Phonda, ultra successful businesswoman and secret leader of the reformist movement in Zion and the two leaders of the Circle, the Vicars Samyl - father of Paytir and foremost rival of Grand Inquisitor Clyntahn - and his brother Hauwerd Wylsynn who are also very important POV's of the novel.

As for classification "sff epic on the grandest scale" is the only one that does justice to this superb novel and series.

ANALYSIS: The titles of the Safehold novels are superb and revelatory at least so far, so when "A Mighty Fortress" was announced and before I knew anything else my first speculation was about what it means; the novel offers two answers, one textual and explicit, but also one subtler and implicit and which has actually been my first guess.

The textual answer which comes somewhere in the second half of the novel is that "A Mighty Fortress" is formed by the Charisian fleet and the sailors and marines that man it. Facing the full wrath of the Group of Four, especially of the Grand Inquisitor Clyntahn who in this novel unleashes once and for all the full force of terror and this time being attacked by a "modern " comparable even if less experienced fleet that outnumbers the Imperial one by something like 3 to 1, fleet that is also much better led than in Off Armageddon Reef, it is up to the Navy of Charis to stop the enemy.

But the novel has also another answer for the title since based on the first half, I can argue that "A Mighty Fortress" refers also to the power of faith in God and here we finally get to actually experience it as the powerful force for good embodied in the true men and women of God from Charis, Corisande and even the corrupt Zion where the Inquisition may torture and murder the reformers and cow their highest level sympathizers temporarily into acquiescence if not submission, but the seeds of change have already been sown.

The 4th installment of the superb Safehold series goes back to the intensity of the first two volumes, with lots of quotable lines, jaw-dropping moments and powerful emotional ones.

The ending is similarly emotional to the one in OAR though I have to say that the book is more like BSRA in the sense that it opens a new arc but not closes it. I heard the series is planned to go 10 volumes, so who knows maybe the next volume will close its first part, maybe not..

It's ha...m Between the two poles of religion and war, "A Mighty Fortress" offers a lot more. There is action galore in Corisande, Zion and on the seas, daring escapes, nasty conspirators, dastardly assassinations, one sword fight for the ages inside the Temple of all places, very, very emotional moments, tragedy and rejoicing, a tense dinner, lots of memorable lines and a baby...

As usual Merlin steals the show in all his apparitions and he has some of the best lines of the novel like the following description of his conversational start with a high ranking opponent in whose apartments the seijin breaks in at night to add more urgency to the respective character's intention to defect:

“I was simply attempting to establish the proper . . . collegial atmosphere.”

The one major surprise I had in "A Mighty Fortress" was in the hints from the author about a possible reinterpretation of Safehold's past and the Church of God's Awaiting true roots and mission.

The ending is similarly emotional to the one in Off Armageddon Reef and while A Mighty Fortress is somewhat more open-ended than the first volume and several threads are left to be continued, there is a lot of closure too and again I cannot say I have a real inkling where the series will go next beyond a very general sense augmented by the twist hinted above.

For the tremendous enjoyment that "A Mighty Fortress" (A++) brought me so far on three full reads plus rereads of the other three volumes and for its great continual re-reed value, I think that this novel is the best sf and even possibly best sff I've read in 2010 so far. Just epic on the grandest scale with everything you want from such.

Posted by Liviu at 12:01 AM
ZDROJ
Zaznamenáno

IKolincak

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #113 kdy: 19.04.2010, 06:36:03 »

No tak to se máme opravdu na co těšit. Už máte někdo mrtvý strom?
Zaznamenáno
Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #114 kdy: 19.04.2010, 08:34:13 »

Ještě ne a asi se to dost protáhne.

btw: zatýkání v Zionu je popsané poměrně dost šetrně a se dvěma hlavními představiteli Kruhu se to také vyřeší poměrně citlivě Úsměv.
« Poslední změna: 19.04.2010, 09:52:40 od Muphrid » Zaznamenáno

spike kree

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #115 kdy: 19.04.2010, 12:43:10 »

nejvc mě štve že audiobooky jsou k sehnání všude, ale klasickej ebook nemůžu nikde najít... kupuji až harcory, ale rád bych si přečet ted když zrovna má člověk čas a nemůže to najít.... jinak recenze co sem čet říkají že je to snad zatím nejlepší v serii...
Zaznamenáno

To never die.... and to conquer all. That is winning

If you enter a room intending to assassinate someone, and there is a treecat in the room, either abort your mission immediately, or switch to nuclear weapons.
IKolincak

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #116 kdy: 19.04.2010, 13:02:03 »

Tak vítej mezi nás. Holt sme všichni zmlsaný Baenama, a Tor holt je trochu jinej tabáček. (A to ani nekouřim).
Zaznamenáno
Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #117 kdy: 19.04.2010, 13:15:05 »

nejvc mě štve že audiobooky jsou k sehnání všude, ale klasickej ebook nemůžu nikde najít... kupuji až harcory, ale rád bych si přečet ted když zrovna má člověk čas a nemůže to najít.... jinak recenze co sem čet říkají že je to snad zatím nejlepší v serii...

Asi zatím nikdo neodstranil z eBooku DRM, jinak si to vysvětlit nedokážu... Občas jsou tam poněkud ukecanější pasáže, ale jinak je to hodně zajímavé. Přirovnal bych to asi ke kombinaci BSRA a BHD: z BSRA je tam dostatek pletichaření, ale i odhalení nových skutečností a z BHD zase nějaká ta akce a položení nových otázek. Jsem asi ve 2/3, tak uvidím, jak se to ještě vyvine Úsměv. Jo a je tam jistá akce, trochu podobná jedné z OAR.
Zaznamenáno

Muphrid

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #118 kdy: 21.04.2010, 07:33:25 »

Takže AMF jsem dorazil včera večer. V recenzi měli pravdu s podobností konce s OAR. Hodně mě přakvapilo, jakým fofrem se závěrečné události sehrály, protože optoti OAR k nim došlo opravdu doslova na poslední chvíli. Každopádně závěrečná Merlinova otázka je naprosto přesně mířená a každý čtenář si ji v tu chvíli nejspíš pokládá také. A také asi dospívá k podobnému závěru...

Jinak co do rozsahu děje a četnosti bočních linií mi přijde AMF asi nejbohatější ze všech předchozích titulů. Je to ovšem hlavně kvůli jejich postupnému sbíhání a uzavírání. Jsem velmi zvědavý s čím přijde MWW v následující knize, protože to v tuhle chvíli může být téměř cokoliv.
« Poslední změna: 21.04.2010, 09:58:38 od Muphrid » Zaznamenáno

spike kree

Zobrazit profil
« Odpověď #119 kdy: 23.04.2010, 15:13:33 »

Tak konečně jsem jí sehnal a dočet.... bylo to velmi dobré, velmi mě potěšilo že sexualita Merlina byla zopovězena.... osobně jsem zvědav jak dlouho než se vypořádají s tím co se děje na planetě, jako nic proti, rád bych četl víc jak se to tam vyřeší, ale co Ghaba? co kdyby přiletěli příští zimu, tak pápá lidstvo..... mohla by se hodit linie, kdy pokračujeme, kde jsme ted skončili a zároven kdy jsme na úrovni a deme hledat ty šmejdy...... ale celkem skvělý... Úsměv
Zaznamenáno

To never die.... and to conquer all. That is winning

If you enter a room intending to assassinate someone, and there is a treecat in the room, either abort your mission immediately, or switch to nuclear weapons.
Stran: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Tisk 
« předchozí další »
Skočit na:  

Poháněno MySQL Poháněno PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines Validní XHTML 1.0! Validní CSS!